Music is found in every known culture and religion, past and present, varying...
Rock music is a broad genre of popular music that originated as "rock and rol...
Pop music is a genre of popular music that originated in its modern forms in ...
Popular music is music with wide appeal that is typically distributed to larg...
Avant-garde music is music that is considered to be at the forefront of innov...
This is a list of music styles. Music can be described in terms of many genre...
A musical ensemble, also known as a music group or musical group, is a group ...
A musical instrument is a device created or adapted to make musical sounds. I...
This is a list of musical terms that are likely to be encountered in printed ...
Sound recording and reproduction is an electrical, mechanical, electronic, or...
Music is an art form and cultural activity whose medium is sound organized in time. General definitions of music include common elements such as pitch, rhythm, dynamics, and the sonic qualities of timbre and texture. Different styles or types of music may emphasize, de-emphasize or omit some of these elements. Music is performed with a vast range of instruments and vocal techniques ranging from singing to rapping, there are solely instrumental pieces, solely vocal pieces and pieces that combine singing and instruments. The word derives from Greek μουσική. See glossary of musical terminology.
In its most general form, the activities describing music as an art form or cultural activity include the creation of works of music, the criticism of music, the study of the history of music, and the aesthetic examination of music. Ancient Greek and Indian philosophers defined music as tones ordered horizontally as melodies and vertically as harmonies. Common sayings such as "the harmony of the spheres" and "it is music to my ears" point to the notion that music is often ordered and pleasant to listen to. However, 20th-century composer John Cage thought that any sound can be music, saying, for example, "There is no noise, only sound."
The creation, performance, significance, and even the definition of music vary according to culture and social context. Indeed, throughout history, some new forms or styles of music have been criticized as "not being music", including Beethovens Grosse Fuge string quartet in 1825, early jazz in the beginning of the 1900s and hardcore punk in the 1980s. There are many types of music, including popular music, traditional music, art music, music written for religious ceremonies and work songs such as chanteys. Music ranges from strictly organized composition–this as Classical music symphonies from the 1700s and 1800s, through to spontaneously played (through to played spontaneously) improvisational music such as jazz, and avant-garde styles of chance-based modern music from the 20th and 21st centuries.
Music can be divided into genres e.g., country music and genres can be further divided into subgenres e.g., country blues and pop country are two of the many country subgenres (the many subgenres of country), although the dividing lines and relationships between music genres are often subtle, sometimes open to personal interpretation, and occasionally controversial. For example, it can be hard to draw the line between some early 1980s hard rock and heavy metal. Within the arts, music may be classified as a performing art, a fine art or as an auditory art. Music may be played or sung and heard live at a rock concert or orchestra performance heard live as part of a dramatic work a music theater show or Opera, or it may be recorded and listened to on a radio, MP3 player, CD player, smartphone or as film score or TV show.
In many cultures, music is an important part of peoples way of life, as it plays a key role in religious rituals, rite of passage ceremonies e.g., graduation and marriage, social activities e.g., dancing and cultural activities ranging from amateur karaoke singing to playing in an amateur funk band or singing in a community choir. People may make music as a hobby, like a teen playing cello in a youth orchestra, or work as a professional musician or singer. The music industry includes the individuals who create new songs and musical pieces such as songwriters and composers, individuals who perform music, individuals who record music producers and sound engineers, individuals who organize concert tours, and individuals who sell recordings, sheet music, and scores to customers.
- Music is an art form consisting of sound and silence, expressed through time. Music may also refer to: Musical notation, a system for writing musical
- Music Music or Music Cyrillic: Мусиц, Мусић or Мушич is a Serbo - Croatian and Slovenian language surname and may refer to: Ales Music born 1982 Slovenian
- Music Serbian: Мушић is a village in the municipality of Kupres, Bosnia and Herzegovina. Official results from the book: Ethnic composition of Bosnia - Herzegovina
- Christian music is music that has been written to express either personal or a communal belief regarding Christian life and faith. Common themes of Christian
- Religious music also sacred music is music performed or composed for religious use or through religious influence. Ritual music is music sacred or not
- Music journalism or music criticism is media criticism and reporting about music topics, including popular music classical music and traditional
- institution can also be known as a school of music music academy, music faculty, college of music music department of a larger institution conservatory
- Arabic music or Arab music Arabic: الموسيقى العربية romanized: al - mūsīqā al - ʿArabīyah is the music of the Arab world with all its different music styles
- Music education is a field of practice, in which educators are trained for careers as elementary or secondary music teachers, school or music conservatory
- Sony Music Entertainment SME recognized as Sony Music is an American global music conglomerate owned by Sony Corporation of America and incorporated
- Classical music is art music produced or rooted in the traditions of Western culture, including both liturgical religious and secular music While a
- The Carpenters: Music Music Music is a Carpenters television special from 1980. It included guest stars such as Ella Fitzgerald, John Davidson and Nelson
- World music also called global music or international music is a Western musical category encompassing many different styles of music from other parts
- Latin music Portuguese and Spanish: musica latina is a genre used by the music industry as a catch - all term for music that comes from Spanish - and Portuguese - speaking
- Art music alternatively called classical music cultivated music serious music and canonic music is music that implies advanced structural and theoretical
- Electronic music is music that employs electronic musical instruments, digital instruments and circuitry - based music technology. In general, a distinction
- music is music that has been created in various genres on the island of Ireland. The indigenous music of the island is termed Irish traditional music
- Music psychology, or the psychology of music may be regarded as a branch of both psychology and musicology. It aims to explain and understand musical
- Asia Music of Kazakhstan Music of Kyrgyzstan Music of Tajikistan Music of Turkmenistan Music of Uzbekistan Music of East Asia Music of Taiwan Music of China
- Music hall is a type of British theatrical entertainment that was popular from the early Victorian era, beginning around 1850. It ended, arguably, after
- Carnatic music Karnātaka samgīta, or Karnātaka sangītam, is a system of music commonly associated with southern India, including the modern Indian states
- The music of India includes multiple varieties of Punjabi Music classical music folk music filmi, Indian rock, and Indian pop, all of which is derivative
- Background music refers to a mode of musical performance in which the music is not intended to be a primary focus of potential listeners, but its content
- Ambient music is a genre of music that emphasizes tone and atmosphere over traditional musical structure or rhythm. A form of instrumental music it may
- liturgical music also known as sacred used for the church, and secular music non - religious music Medieval music includes solely vocal music such as
- Country music also known as country and western or simply country and hillbilly music is a genre of popular music that originated in the Southern
- Baroque music UK: bəˈrɒk or US: bəˈroʊk is a period or style of Western art music composed from approximately 1600 to 1750. This era followed the
- The Music of Pakistan Urdu: پاکستان کی موسیقی includes diverse elements ranging from music from various parts of South Asia as well as Central Asian
- The music of Hawaii includes an array of traditional and popular styles, ranging from native Hawaiian folk music to modern rock and hip hop. Hawaii s musical
- Music of China refers to the music of the Chinese people, which may be the music of the Han Chinese as well as other ethnic minorities within mainland
Users also searched:
free music, music download, history of music, history, history of, music, music history, about, notation, for kids, book, periods, musical history, facts about the, musicians, musical, articles, kids, facts, history of music timeline, history of music for kids, history of music articles, history of music notation, history of music pdf, music history periods, history of music book, history of musical, historical, history of musicians, timeline, rock music, rock,
no need to download or install
Pino - logical board game which is based on tactics and strategy. In general this is a remix of chess, checkers and corners. The game develops imagination, concentration, teaches how to solve tasks, plan their own actions and of course to think logically. It does not matter how much pieces you have, the main thing is how they are placement!online intellectual game →